Involvement Coordinator – Deaf Experience Limited
Hours: 21 hours a week
Salary: £22,320 a year or £1,860 a month (actual)
Fixed term contract up to 31st March 2025 (we hope to extend the contract subject to funding)
Do you want to make an impact on the wellbeing and futures of deaf children and young people? Do you have the drive and passion to meaningfully involve and empower people in their personal development journeys?
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to lead participation initiatives for our deaf youth work projects, then this role is for you!
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Implementing a range of activities for deaf young people, ensuring they are involved in shaping their futures, and the future of our charity.
- Empowering deaf young people to share their opinions, ideas, and aspirations through various ways such as workshops, focus groups and social media.
- Facilitating our volunteer development programme, providing guidance, training, and development opportunities.
- Supporting in the development of our Involvement Policy, by monitoring and evaluating the impact of involvement in order to continually improve our work.
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to adapt your approach to different audiences.
- Strong team working skills, with a sense of fun and warmth.
- Experience in participation and/or involvement work in community projects, preferably within a deaf or disability-focused organisation.
- Creativity and innovation to develop engaging activities that promote involvement and empower deaf young people.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
It is desirable to have an understanding and appreciation of deaf culture, British Sign Language and the barriers faced by deaf young people.
Working arrangements: You will work from our office based at Leeds Society for Deaf and Blind People for a minimum of two days a week, with the potential option for some flexible home working. Working hours will involve one evening and one weekend day a month.
If you would like to find out more and how to apply, please contact Claire Baldwin, Executive Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or text/WhatsApp 07564 860987 or apply via Charity Job. We encourage you to have an informal chat about the role before applying.
Closing date: Thursday 27th July 5pm
Expected interview date: Wednesday 2nd August at Leeds Society for Deaf and Blind People
You can apply here: https://www.charityjob.co.uk/jobs/involvement-coordinator/916493?tsId=36