Learn how lack of early language input impacts a deaf or hard of hearing child.
About The Author
Steve is Deaf, married to Trishy and has four hearing children. He used to be a programmer with British Gas before becoming involved in Further and Higher Education for 25 years. He is now a Workers' Educational Assocation tutor and covers eleven Deaf Literacy and Numeracy classes in South Yorkshire. He sees bilingualism as a vital gateway for Deaf people to participate in the wider society. Steve is passionate on rugby and can be seen to support Doncaster Knights on home matches.
Deaf Ex-Mainstreamers’ Group (DEXperience)
- Jill Jones
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities – Shadow Report
- Recommended Book – OUR SCHOOL SIGNS: British Sign Language (BSL) Vocabulary (Let’s Sign)
- The Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) Meets
- Thank you to the Heritage Lottery Fund
- Citizenship Course With the DEX Deaf Youth Council
- Steve Gibson